Stir-fry is a great way to enjoy a wide variety of health-providing nutrients and promote proper digestion-important for detoxing the liver and cleansing the bowels. It is also a great way to use whatever vegetables you have available in your refrigerator (a double “cleanse” in a matter of speaking).
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
Note: Please try and use as many ingredients as you can that are grown in “pesticide free”, nutrient rich soil, grass fed, locally grown and NON- GMO!
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 TBS virgin coconut oil *contains antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 medium garlic cloves pressed
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms *excellent for strengthening the immune system.
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage *cabbage is well known for it’s anti-tumor properties.
- Choose: Chicken [dark meat has more nutrients]! tempeh or tofu cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 TBS tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro “sweeps up” toxins and helps lower blood sugar.
- 1 TBS sesame seeds *good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc.
- sea salt and pepper to taste *if your sweat doesn’t taste salty, you need more minerals!
- Slice onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Prepare rest of vegetables.
- Heat coconut oil in a stainless steel wok or 12 inch skillet. Stir-Fry onion for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, tempeh or tofu. Stir-fry for 5 min or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms, and cabbage. Continue to stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and vegetable broth and continue to cook, stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.