The Importance of Detoxifying the Body
By Dr. Dawn Gareau, ND
Toxic overload in our bodies are often overlooked as a cause to many health issues. A build up of toxic agents in the body overtime affect the removal and clearance of these chemicals causing a backup in the liver, lungs, kidney’s and skin which are the main detoxifying organs in our bodies.
Where do these toxins come from?
- Foods – plastics, estrogen-like chemicals, nitrates (from deli meats), artificial colours/sweeteners.
- Environment – polluted air and water, chemical detergents, car exhaust, chlorine from swimming pools, PCB’s, heavy metals and pesticides.
- Microbials – fungal infections (eg. candidiasis), bacterial/fungal and parasites.
Signs and Symptoms from possible toxic overload:
- 1st stage: chronic fatigue, weight gain, water retention, foggy head, restless sleep, night sweating, irritation.
- 2nd stage: chronic inflammation (eg. Arthritis), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), depression, constipation, chronic infections (eg. candidiasis, flu/cold), insomnia, lower libido, infertility.
- 3rd stage: chronic metabolic diseases (eg. Diabetes, cardiovascular, hepatitis, cancers, autoimmune conditions)
Key Detoxification Nutrients:
- B-vitamins, macro- and micro- nutrients help to support the body during convalesce and detoxification.
- Anti-inflammatory phyto-nutrients such as curcumin, quercetin, rosemary, peppermint, green tea & bilberry which help to protect against free radicals.
- L-glutamine and probiotics helps to support the lining of the gastrointestinal tract which, prevents toxins from entering the blood stream. This helps to decrease an Immune response to possible food allergies.
Dr. Gareau is offering 20% off on her 7-day detox program for the month of May. Book today and start feeling healthier sooner!